In contrast to relocation or startup initiatives, Economic Gardening® targets second-stage companies already operating in a community. It helps these existing businesses grow larger by assisting them with strategic issues and providing them with customized research.Economic Gardening differs dramatically from traditional types of business assistance. It’s not about business plans, financial analysis or workforce development. Instead, researchers assist in five key buckets: core strategy, market dynamics, qualified sales leads, innovation and temperament. Within these areas, Economic Gardening specialists leverage sophisticated corporate databases, geographic information systems, SEO and Web marketing tools to help second-stagers:
An entrepreneur-oriented approach to prosperity: grow from within
- Identify market trends, potential competitors and unknown resources.
- Map geographic areas for targeted
- Raise visibility in search engine results and increase web traffic
- Track websites, blogs and online communities to better understand competitors as well as current and potential customers.
- Refine their core strategy and sustainable competitive advantage.